All WSI TAFE Colleges and OTEN counsellors are accredited members of NACGAS (National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences) and can provide a free and confidential Counselling and Career guidance service to any current or prospective student.
For prospective students, counsellors can provide:
- Exploration of career and study options;
- Assistance with course selection;
- Advice regarding TAFE enrolment and procedures;
- Information about support available for students at TAFE.
Enrolled students receive advice and support from TAFE Counsellors in three broad areas:
- Vocational counselling includes comprehensive career guidance; exploration of further study pathways; resume writing, interview techniques and other job seeking skills.
- Educational counselling includes assessing learning difficulties and developing intervention strategies and study skills to maximise educational outcomes.
- Personal counselling includes support for issues that may be interfering with studies at TAFE. Some examples are relationship difficulties, depression, low self-esteem,
Careers Counselling: read more
Careers & Employment Service
Our Counselling and Careers Development Service team are committed to helping you start your WSI journey, at the right level and at the right time, and to support you along the way.
If you are not quite sure which course will meet your career goals, visit the WSI Careers & Employment Website, where you will find useful information for future, current and graduate students as well as for careers advisers and parents. We also provide information on a range of other services within WSI.
- Career Counselling
- Career planning tools including access to 'Career Voyage' WSI's free career and study planning tool
- Information about Occupations and the skills you need to land that job
- Tools and Resources to assist you to locate and apply for that dream job
Appointments are available day and evenings. If it is an urgent matter please let the Counsellor know. For appointments at each College and OTEN contact the following numbers:
|College Counsellor Contacts
Location: A Block, A1.10
Phone: 9208 1727
Blue Mountains College, Wentworth Falls Campus
Location: D Block, DG.06
Phone: 4753 2046
|The Hills College, Baulkham Hills Campus
Location: A Block, ALG.04
Phone: 9865 1121
Mount Druitt College
Location: L Block, L2.05
Phone: 9208 6383
Nepean College, Kingswood Campus
Location: U Block, Ground Floor
Phone: 9208 9318
Location: T13, Ground Floor, G.19 & G.20
Phone: 9208 7474
Location: Building B, Level 1
(next to Course Information)
Phone: 9715 8446 or 1300 655 993
Location: A Block, AG.35
Phone: 4570 9004
Reception: 4570 9099