- Hair & Beauty AcadeMY
Did you know what we can offer you courses from Certificate II to Diploma level qualifications?
To assist you in developing your staff we can offer short courses in cutting styling, comb up as well as courses in beauty and nail technology. We offer adaptable delivery and assessment through negotiation with the required section.
We have fully equipped salons and well trained staff who are able to offer you and/or your staff-
Personalised training either in salon or at the Academy or a combination of both,
- In salon assessment and training
- Distance education - online learning
Recognition of previous studies and experience - in contribution to a qualification open communication channels throughout the Academy by direct link or phone.
Employers taking on trainee or apprentice workers not only support the Hair and Beauty, but may also be eligible for Government funding!
The Australian Government has introduced a number of initiatives to assist employers who take on an Australian Apprentice, particularly where the Australian Apprenticeship is in a trade experiencing a skills shortage. These initiatives provide financial incentives to eligible employers through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program.
Government Funding: read more
Did you know that there is more than one way for you to complete an apprenticeship?
- Apprentices can be school based - (Board of Studies governed) incorporating school, paid salon employment, and hairdressing course study.
- Part time apprenticeships – Hours on the job as determined in conjunction with your employer plus one day per week hairdressing course training. This is established in consultation with the employer.
- Full time apprenticeship - 3 years full time paid employment in a salon. As an apprentice you MUST be registered with an Australian apprenticeship centre (your employer will arrange this within the first 2 weeks of you gaining your full time employment). You will also be required to attend hairdressing course study during this time. The usual study time is 2 years - @1 day per week, however if you have the required skills you can exit when you are assessed as competent. This usually occurs around the 18 month period.