- Building Industry
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) courses are designed to provide formal, informal and/or self-directed learning opportunities to develop skills to meet personal and industry needs.
Licensing requirements: Individuals licensed as a builder or swimming pool builder under the Home Building Act 1989 are required to undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year as a condition of licence renewal.
The NSW Fair Trading CPD program uses a 12-point per annum system. NSW Fair trading have a 'CPD Keeping You Up to Date' page online that provide more details on CPD.
Below are some of the 2016 WSI Plus Short Courses and the CPD Points they attract for Licensed Builders:
- Digital Literacy Skills Sets (for Trades) - 12 Points
- Home Networking - 12 Points
- Social Media for Small Business - 3 Points
- Confined Space Entry Without Breathing Apparatus - 12 Points
- Excel (Microsoft) Advanced - 6 Points
- Excel (Microsoft) Intermediate - 6 Points
- Building a website using WordPress - 24 Points
- Introduction to Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMAQ) - 15 Points
- Statement of Attainment in Asbestos Removal (Supervisor) - 15 points
- Statement of Attainment in Non-Friable Asbestos Removal - 15 Points
- Statement of Attainment in Asbestos Removal (Friable Asbestos) - 15 Points
- Statement of Attainment in General Construction WHS Induction in NSW - 6 points
- Statement of Attainment in Work Safely at Heights (Resource and Infrastructure) - 15 points
The WSI Course List, or the link to the course below, will indicate when these courses are offered and how you can enrol online.
If you or your organisation has a specific training requirement, please contact us to discuss you needs.