- Getting Started
- Financial Assistance
- FEE-HELP Student Loans
- Financial Assistance for Courses - Am I eligible for a FEE-HELP Student Loan?
Financial Assistance for Courses - Am I eligible for a FEE-HELP Student Loan?
You are eligible for FEE-HELP if you:
- are studying at an approved FEE-HELP provider or through Open Universities Australia (OUA);
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements:
- you are an Australian citizen or New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency criteria and who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to you course; OR
- you are a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
- you are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
- are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit;
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit; and
- meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements:
- you must give your provider your valid TFN; OR
- if you don’t have a TFN you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office after you have applied for a TFN.