TAFE delivered Vocational Education and Training [TVET]
The TVET program gives Year 11 and Year 12 school students the opportunity to study TAFE courses which contribute units to their HSC. Accounting and Industry Curriculum Framework courses can also count towards their ATAR.
The advantages of completing a TVET course include:
- access to a broader range of courses for Year 11 and Year 12 studies
- the possibility of gaining a qualification recognised by employers Australia wide
- practical skills and training for the workplace and further study
- an opportunity to gain two sets of credentials - one from the Board of Studies (HSC) and one from TAFE NSW
- advanced standing, which means there is no need to repeat any subjects successfully completed if you continue with TAFE NSW after school
- the experience of an adult learning environment.
TVET courses have the same Board of Studies requirements as other HSC courses. Students need to attend classes and complete the set assessments.
Presentations from the 2017 TVET\TAFE day held at the Mount Druitt Create restaurant.
Shaping Future Cities (PPTX, 8,613KB)
The Changing Nature of Employment (PPTX, 5,835KB)
Sydney Airport (PPTX, 25,657KB)
Dental Course Presentation (PPT, 1,337KB)
Rob's School Campaign (PPTX, 13,968KB)
Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.