- Smart and Skilled Courses
- Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarships
In order to encourage people into high demand job areas, the NSW Government has introduced its $1000 Job of Tomorrow Scholarships. These scholarships are for people enrolled in qualifications from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma in areas such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). TAFE Western Sydney offers a number of the qualifications under this scholarship.
Titled Jobs of Tomorrow, this scholarship will provide $1,000 to eligible students who are commencing selected qualifications under the Smart and Skilled program.
What qualifications are eligible for the Scholarship at TAFE Western Sydney?
Selected qualifications on the NSW Skills List at Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma level in broad areas such as nursing and healthcare, engineering and information and communications technology are eligible for a scholarship.
See table below for the full list eligible courses.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship, you must:
- meet the Smart and Skilled personal eligibility criteria (see the Eligibility Calculator)
- be enrolled in a qualification that is eligible for a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship and commence training in the qualification on or after 1 January 2016.
Do I have to apply for a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship?
Yes. Once you have enrolled in an eligible qualification and have received a Notification of Enrolment document which confirms your enrolment, you can apply for a scholarship through Service NSW.
- Go to www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-jobs-tomorrow-scholarship.
- Login to your existing MyServiceNSW Account or create an account if you do not already have one.
- Complete the online application for a scholarship.
- Select 'Apply' to submit your application.
- Complete the identity check form.
- Select 'Submit' to complete the identity check and finish your application.
To complete your application, you will need:
- your Commitment ID (from the Notification of Enrolment document)
- one of the following documents to verify your identity:
- Australian drivers licence
- Australian passport
- Australian visa
- Australian Medicare card
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Marriage Certificate
- Australian Change of Name Certificate
- Australian Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Australian ImmiCard
Note: If your application is successful, you will also need to supply your Australian bank account details so you can be paid your scholarship. You can do this during your application online at a later date as required.
The first 6,250 students to successfully apply in 2016 will be offered a scholarship.
When am I paid my Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship?
A Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship is worth $1000 and is paid in two instalments.
You will be paid the first $500 instalment once you have successfully applied and your training provider confirms that you have commenced training. You will be paid the remaining $500 when your training provider confirms that you have completed the qualification.
For more information
Jobs of Tomorrow - Information for students fact sheet (PDF, 569KB)
|Certificate IV in Electrical Drafting
|Certificate IV in Information Technology
|Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
|Certificate IV in Optical Dispensing
|Certificate IV in Programming
|Diploma of Arboriculture
|Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
|Diploma of Engineering - Technical
|Diploma of Environmental Monitoring and Technology
|Diploma of Information Technology
|Diploma of Information Technology Networking
|Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration
|Diploma of Landscape Design
|Diploma of Software Development
|Diploma of Website Development
|Advanced Diploma of Electrical - Engineering
|Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering
|Advanced Diploma of Network Security
|Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.