- Smart and Skilled Courses
- Fee Free Scholarships
Fee-Free Scholarships now available!
The NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Fee Free Scholarships are now available.
TAFE Western Sydney is encouraging all local people between the ages of 15-30 who are eligible for a Government concession and meet Smart and Skilled eligibility to take advantage of these scholarships when they enrol in Certificate I to Certificate IV NSW Skills List courses.
50,000 Fee Free Scholarships are available each year for four years from July 1, 2015 under the NSW Government’s scholarship initiative. Priority is given to young people eligible for concessions living in or on the waiting list for NSW Social Housing.
Students are eligible for one scholarship per financial year and up to two scholarships over the four year period.
A person who is eligible for these scholarships:
- meets Smart and Skilled eligibility rules
- is aged 15 - 30 years at the time training commences
- is concession-fee eligible (receives a Commonwealth Government payment/allowance or holds a pensioner concession card issued by Centrelink OR is a dependant of someone receiving a Commonwealth Government payment or holding a concession card) and/or is a social housing client (this includes public housing, community housing, Aboriginal housing, Crisis accommodation/supported accommodating, and private rental assistance managed by Housing NSW)
- is enrolling in a Certificate I to Certificate IV qualification which is on the NSW Skills List (including Apprenticeships and Trainees)
To take advantage of this scholarship, please contact our Service Centre by completing the enquiry form below.
Am I Eligible?
Fee-Free Scholarship Enquiry Form
To send us an enquiry, click the button below to open the TAFE NSW enquiry form.
Online enquiry form
The enquiry form will open in a new window or tab. To return to this page once you have submitted your enquiry, simply close the enquiry form window or tab.