- Higher Education
- Bachelor of Community and Human Services
Bachelor of Community and Human Services
TAFE NSW – Western Sydney Institute and Federation University Australia (formally the University of Ballarat) have entered into a partnership that enables you to complete a degree at TAFE WSI Nirimba Campus.
This program is designed for students to apply theoretical concepts to their everyday working environment. To fulfill the academic entry requirements for the Bachelor of Community and Human Services, you will need to successfully complete the Diploma of Community Services Work or Diploma Community Services Work (AOD and Mental Health).
Benefits to you:
- Instantly receive 8 subject credits – equivalent to 1 year of study
- Study for 2 years full-time to complete the degree
- Gain a degree whilst studying at a WSI TAFE campus
- Gain a degree that is accredited with the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA)
- Expand your employment opportunities into different sector areas including youth work, child protection, local government, health services and many others
- Access a commonwealth supported place (eligibility criteria applies)
Who can apply?
Students who have completed a Diploma of Community Services Work or Diploma Community Services Work (AOD and Mental Health).
The program will delivered over 2 x 12 week semesters per year with 4 subjects per semester. The course includes a major field placement in the last semester.
Semester 2 2018 applications
Applications are currently open for our Semester 2, 2018 intake.
To enrol: https://apply.federation.edu.au/
Orientation week which commences on the 23rd of July 2018.
Looking for additional information or just want to make an inquiry? You can email your enquiry to the email address below.
Bachelor of Community and Human Services (PDF, 185KB)
Semester 2, 2018 Timetable - Day (PDF, 104KB)
Semester 2, 2018 Timetable - Night (PDF, 443KB)
Sadie's pathway to success
TAFE studies provided Sadie with an efficient and inexpensive pathway to a university qualification in the area of his passion. Sadie completed the Certificate IV and Diploma of Community Services at TAFE.
In 2016 Sadie is about to graduate with a Bachelor Community and Human Services from Federation University at Nirimba TAFE College and an offer of full time employment as a community services project worker she received while doing her Field Education course.
Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.