- Higher Education
- Associate Degree of Accounting
Associate Degree of Accounting
No ATAR? No Problem. You can still get a degree
The Associate Degree of Accounting is a two year higher education qualification that prepares you for a career in accounting and can also lead to a bachelor degree. It is ideal for people who want a practical industry focused qualification.
You will be qualified to work as an accountant, assistant accountant, bookkeeper, payroll manager, accounts supervisor, or BAS agent (subject to satisfying the requirements of the Tax Practitioners' Board for BAS Agents).
This two year associate degree offers you:
- A supportive learning environment. You will learn in small classes and enjoy a high level of direct contact with academic teaching staff.
- Practical and industry focused study. The course uses workplace scenarios to build knowledge of the industry.
- An internship program. In the second year of the course you will undertake an industry internship to give you hands on work experience in the accounting profession.
- A tertiary pathway to the third year of a bachelor degree at one of our partnering universities
- Broad based business knowledge and the technical skills required by accountants
- Skills necessary for successful study in higher education, such as essay writing skills and how to research, analyse and present information.
Applications Open for 2016
Applications are currently open for our February 2016 intake. To apply, download the application form here and submit it to AcctDegreeWSI@tafensw.edu.au.
We will be offering both full-time and part-time classes in 2016.