- Find a Course
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
National Course Code: HLT33115
TAFE NSW Course Number: HLT33115-01V01
This qualification reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
ENROLLING IN FIRST AID UNITS OF COMPETENCY
If you are seeking to enrol in a First Aid unit of competency you are advised that to complete the unit you must be able to perform basic life support skills, for example control bleeding and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). If you have a disability that would prevent you from performing required basic life support skills you are advised that you will not be able to achieve the unit of competency.
Many TAFE courses have a compulsory work placement component to assist you to apply your learning in a practical environment and you may be required to comply with some (or all) of the following.
1. NSW HEALTH
Before you commence any clinical placements in NSW Health facilities, you will be required to
• Meet NSW Health’s - Criminal Record Check requirements;
• Sign the NSW Health Code of Conduct form and any other forms, as required by NSW Health;
• Undertake Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Infectious Diseases and provide your Health Care Worker/Student Vaccination Record Card.
For specific information regarding NSW Health’s requirements, and access to the required forms, it is recommended that you visit their FAQs for students at:
2. AGED CARE WORK - Before you undertake any clinical placements in Aged Care Facilities you will be required to undertake a Federal Criminal Record Check. Visit:
3. COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN’S SERVICES
Anyone in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) MUST have a current Working with Children Check (students/volunteers free) in line with the Office of Children’s Guardian phase-in schedule and processes. Visit:
4. STUDENT READINESS FOR WORK PLACEMENT
Generally work placements will only occur after there has been a reasonable amount of student/teacher contact and when the teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties. Your teacher can provide further information.
STUDENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES - For more information visit: https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/rights-and-responsibilities/index.htm
Study Options & Enrolment
Full Fee: $9,080 | Max. Fee If Eligible For Subsidy: $1,930