MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to hold, at minimum, one of the following to be considered eligible for admission:
- a NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent OR
- a recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate OR
- a qualification from a Registered Training Organisation at Certificate IV level or above OR
- the completion of at least one year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY INTO SECOND YEAR
- A Diploma of Children's Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or equivalent
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY INTO FOURTH YEAR
- A three year full time Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood or equivalent
If you do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this course, you may be able to apply for entry into this course based on mature age or disadvantage. Contact the course coordinator for details of evidence that you should attach to your application.
International applicants must meet proof of eligibility and course entry requirements. In addition, international applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency at a minimum
- IELTS level of 6.5 with a minimum level of 6 in any one band OR
- TOEFL (Paper based test): Minimum 580 overall, with 53 Listening, 52 Reading, 59 Structure/ Written Expression, 5.0 TWE, OR
- TOEFL (Computer based test): Minimum 237 overall, with 19 Listening, 19 Reading, 25 Structure/Writing, OR
- TOEFL (Internet based test): Minimum 92 overall, with 18 Listening, 17 Reading, 22 Writing, 22 Speaking
Further information please check the TAFE NSW International Australia website for details on fees and enrolment processes for international students.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.