- Find a Course
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth-5)
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth-5)
TAFE NSW Course Number: HE20510V02
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth - 5) is a four-year professional degree that qualifies you to work as a teacher in preschools and long day care as a four-year trained teacher, as well as preparing you for employment in other parts of the children's and family services sector. If you love working with children, this accredited four year teaching degree is for you.
As well as practical core units you will undertake a work placement each semester which will allow you to apply what you've learned in a real workplace setting. You will study child development and pedagogical practices, welfare, ethics, diversity and social justice. During work placements, you will have the opportunity to test your theoretical understanding in a real workplace.
- Students seeking employment in an early childhood centre will need to complete a senior first aid course to meet WorkCover requirements.
- Students wishing to later register as a teacher for work in primary or secondary education, may also need the Higher School Certificate General Mathematics minimum Band 4 or completion of Mathematics (2 Unit).
- Where a student does not meet this requirement they can enrol with TAFE NSW to complete the requirement.
COURSE INFORMATION BROCHURE
Download the TAFE NSW Higher Education Course Information Brochure for an outline of the structure, objectives and assessment requirements for this course.
Graduates will be able to work as early childhood teachers in long day care, preschools, integrated child and family services, and early intervention services.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY INTO SECOND YEAR
- A Diploma of Children's Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or equivalent
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY INTO FOURTH YEAR
- A three year full time Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood or equivalent
If you do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this course, you may be able to apply for entry into this course based on mature age or disadvantage. Contact the course coordinator for details of evidence that you should attach to your application.
Students seeking employment in an early childhood centre will need to complete a senior first aid course to meet WorkCover requirements.
Study Options & Enrolment