- Find a Course
- Statement of Attainment in AWS Cloud Computing Architecture
Information Technology & Library Services View Study Area
Statement of Attainment in AWS Cloud Computing Architecture
TAFE NSW Course Number: 162-R4155V01
Part Time Evening
Contact by Training Services NSW
If your course has been funded by Training Services NSW under Smart and Skilled, you may be contacted by a Training Services NSW representative to discuss your experience at Western Sydney Institute.
This course incorporates the Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum and provides credits towards the Advanced Diploma of Network Security - ICT60215 offered at TAFENSW Western Sydney. https://wsi.tafensw.edu.au/course/network-security-advanced-diploma/
Cloud Computing Architecture is an AWS Academy curriculum designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, hands-on labs, and project work. Students have access to course manuals, online knowledge assessments, hands-on labs, a free practice certification exam, and an exam discount voucher.
Cloud Computing Architecture teaches students how to:
• Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
• Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
• Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud
• Navigate the AWS Management Console
• Differentiate between AWS storage options
• Understand AWS compute and networking options
• Describe and use AWS database options
• Identify deployment and management options
• Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
• Create a cloud migration roadmap and plan
• Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
• Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
• Create event-driven scaling
• Automate the deployment of cloud resources
• Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies
• Optimize data storage for static content
• Identify best practices prescribed in the Well-Architected framework
• Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
• Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and video transcoding
• Understand the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam structure and questions
As an AWS Academy, the Nirimba College of TAFE incorporates the Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum into this skillset, and provides credits towards the Advanced Diploma of Network Security - ICT60215 offered at Nirimba College.
This subsidised skillset is for job seekers who wish to gain skills in AWS Cloud Computing.
Students who wish you enrol in this course should have a good understanding and knowledge of the following. The level of knowledge assumed is AQF5 or Diploma in Information Technology.
- LAN and WAN Networking concepts
- IP addressing schemes
- Routing and Switching concepts
- Server and Network Administration concepts and skills
- Network security concepts
- Database concepts
- Some basic scripting / programming skills
- Basic cloud computing knowledge
The Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum is designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam.
The course is delivered through instructor-led classes, hands-on labs, and project work. Students have access to online course manuals, online knowledge assessments, and hands-on labs.
Cloud Computing Architecture course is aligned to the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam.
Further course content information can be found here :
To ensure you leave us with the most up to date qualification...
If during or after your enrolment, the course in which you are enrolled is updated in line with national industry standards, the Institute reserves the right to transition you into an alternate course. If this becomes necessary, the Institute will advise you of the change and the arrangements which will be available for you to complete your alternate course.
Knowlege and skills in IT concepts, server, networking, scripting, and cloud technologies to AQF 5 level ( Diploma )
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.
IT Virtualisation, Networking, Systems Administration
||Create cloud computing services
||Manage security, privacy and compliance of cloud service deployment
||Design and configure desktop virtualisation
The above list includes units being offered at this campus and that are required to complete this qualification. Other colleges may offer different elective options. For some courses the electives will not be listed however they will be discussed during your first class. Please see www.tafensw.edu.au for the full list of elective units available within this course.
Smart and Skilled Student Fees
The cost of this course will vary based on your eligibility for a Smart and Skilled Student Fee. Eligibility criteria can be found on the Smart and Skilled website or you can call us on 131 870 for further information and advice.
|Non-government subsidised fee||$1,540|
Trainees: From 2016 if you are starting a traineeship that is on the NSW Skills List, your Smart and Skilled fee for the whole qualification will not be more than $1,000.
For full details on TAFE NSW fees and money matters please visit our Paying for Your Course page.
Start Date: 17 Oct 2018
Part Time Evening: 4 hours per week x 9 Weeks
Wednesdays from 6 pm to 10 pm and two Saturdays, 20 and 27 October 2018 from 9.30 am to 4 pm (subject to change).
To enrol in this course, please use the Enrol option.
A Unique Student Identifier is required prior to enrolment. To apply for your USI visit www.usi.gov.au If you cannot remember your USI or if you have forgotten you have one, please visit the USI Website for assistance in retrieving your USI.
For further assistance, contact the WSI Service Centre on 131 870 to enrol.
18NIR-220 S:17/10/2018 E:14/12/2018
Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.