- Find a Course
- Statement of Attainment in Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 MCSA 70-411
Information Technology & Library Services View Study Area
Statement of Attainment in Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 MCSA 70-411
TAFE NSW Course Number: 162-R4090V02
Part Time Evening
Contact by Training Services NSW
If your course has been funded by Training Services NSW under Smart and Skilled, you may be contacted by a Training Services NSW representative to discuss your experience at Western Sydney Institute.
This course is for students who want gain skills in working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and prepare for the Microsoft Certification
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have knowledge and experience working with
Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary in Administering Windows Server 2012 server in an existing Windows server environment. Typically, candidates who are interested in attending this course would include:
• Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 MCSA 70-411 exam.
• An understanding of networking fundamentals
• An understanding of basic AD DS concepts
• An awareness and understanding of security best practices
• Basic knowledge of server hardware
• Experience working with, and configuring, Windows Server 2012 and Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
This skillset pathways into our ICT50415 Diploma of IT Networking course
To ensure you leave us with the most up to date qualification...
If during or after your enrolment, the course in which you are enrolled is updated in line with national industry standards, the Institute reserves the right to transition you into an alternate course. If this becomes necessary, the Institute will advise you of the change and the arrangements which will be available for you to complete your alternate course.
Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.
||Design, build and test a network server
||Design and implement an integrated server solution
||Install and maintain valid authentication processes
||Install, configure and test a server
The above list includes units being offered at this campus and that are required to complete this qualification. Other colleges may offer different elective options. For some courses the electives will not be listed however they will be discussed during your first class. Please see www.tafensw.edu.au for the full list of elective units available within this course.
Smart and Skilled Student Fees
The cost of this course will vary based on your eligibility for a Smart and Skilled Student Fee. Eligibility criteria can be found on the Smart and Skilled website or you can call us on 131 870 for further information and advice.
|Non-government subsidised fee||$1,570|
Trainees: From 2016 if you are starting a traineeship that is on the NSW Skills List, your Smart and Skilled fee for the whole qualification will not be more than $1,000.
For full details on TAFE NSW fees and money matters please visit our Paying for Your Course page.
Start Date: 9 May 2018
Part Time Evening: 4 hours per week x 7 Weeks
Wednesday and Thursday 6 pm to 10 pm. Wednesdays for the first 4 weeks, and Wednesdays and Thursdays from the fifth to the seventh week
To enrol in this course, plese use the Enrol option.
This course will run for 7 weeks starting from the 9th of May as follows:
4 weeks on Wednesdays only, from May 9th to 30th May - 6pm to 10pm
3 Weeks on Wednesdays and Thursdays, June 6th to June 21st - 6pm to 10pm
A Unique Student Identifier is required prior to enrolment. To apply for your USI www.usi.gov.au. If you cannot remember your USI or if you have forgotten you have one, please visit the USI Website for assistance in retrieving your USI.
For further assistance, contact the WSI Service Centre on 131 870 to enrol.
18MTD-212 S:9/5/2018 E:21/6/2018
Download Adobe Reader
To view some of the documents and forms on this website, you'll need the Adobe Reader software from Adobe, Inc.