To assist you make your study choices, Western Sydney Institute now has Instalment and payment options to help you pay your tuition fees.
To find out more detailed information on payment options call us on:
- WSI Students phone 131 870
- OTEN students phone 1300 362 346 or 02 9715 8333.
Smart and Skilled Student Fees for 2016
To be eligible to access government subsidised training in TAFE NSW, you must be an Australian citizen or meet the criteria of being an Australian permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Humanitarian visa holder.
You must also have a NSW residential address or be employed within NSW to be eligible to access government subsidised training places in TAFE NSW, including fee exemption or concession.
Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students who live or work within New South Wales and who live at identified postcodes which border NSW shall have access to government subsidised training places in TAFE NSW.
Apprentices and trainees
If you're starting an apprenticeship, your Smart and Skilled fee for the whole qualification will not be more than $2,000.
From 2016, if you're starting a traineeship that's on the NSW Skills List, your Smart and Skilled fee for the whole qualification will not be more than $1,000.
To be eligible for the capped fee you must provide proof of your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Transition arrangements for current and prospective TAFE NSW students:
The Smart and Skilled website has further information on Smart and Skilled, including eligibility.
You can also visit the Smart and Skilled website to view the 2015 Skills List qualificiations, check your eligibility and calculate your course fee.
- Students commencing a Skills List Course and who meet individual requirements will pay 2014 TAFE NSW fees up till 31 Deember 2014. (Government funding support continues to completion)
- Students commencing a non-Skills List course and who meet individual eligibility requirements will pay 2014 TAFE NSW fees up till 31 December 2014. (Government funding support ceases at 31 December 2014).
- Students continuing a Skills List course in 2015 will pay pro-rata Smart and Skilled fees and subsidies will apply.
- Students commencing a Skills List course and who meet individual eligibility requirements will pay Smart and Skilled fees and subsidies will apply.
- Students commencing or continuing a non-Skills list course will pay commercial fees.